Reliving the Meenakshi Amma Experience of faith..

Tuesday 22 September 2020

Sunday with Mary and Meenakshi Amma

The rain was raging all through the week. Fortunately, on Sunday, at noon, the sky cleared for a long while and I could join those who visited Vallarpadam. There were quite a few though the church continued to remain closed. Meanwhile in the parish church behind the Basilica a local sweethearts were getting married and the whole event in the Corona safety settings became so novel an idea in its simplicity. 


Sometimes, I wonder, what is that make me go to Vallarapadam Basilica on every Sunday and whenever possible. Is it the service or the miracles or the grandeur of the church itself...
I guess its an emotion I feel, the carefree, happy, secured, peaceful...
A happy family who brought their newborn to Mary along with the grandparents were gratefully offering their gratitude for the blessing and the sight of them earnestly thanking God was very inspirational. The young mother beamed a hearty smile at me which warmed my heart and made me wish that all those childless couples who seek Mary's help would one day soon get an opportunity to visit here smiling with the happiness of their wish being fulfilled.  

On the way back rode quickly to the Lady of Hope at Vypeen before it started raining again just to have a look around. The pandemic has wrecked the small town of Vypeen just like any other town of the Pandemic hit world and as I rode back all I could think was when will this tragedy end and folks can go back to their work and means of bread, normally 

No comments:

Post a Comment