Reliving the Meenakshi Amma Experience of faith..

Monday 14 September 2020

Sunday

We had one low pressure in the Arabian sea in the previous week which did not bother us in Kochi that much but the low pressure in Bay of Bengal did brought a lot of rain to our town. During a short break in the rain on Sunday I rode to Vallarpadam. Inspite of the rain there were few visitors to the church, some of them were the parents of students who came from far away towns to attempt the under graduate National Eligibility cum Entrance Test. 
One such parent gave me the opportunity to explain the life of Meenakshi Amma at Vallarpadam. A pleasant experience to recollect Meenakshi Amma and her graceful life. 
I felt lucky that I could go to Vallarpadam and spent my "Quiet Time" today inspite of the Pandemic and the rain and remembered all those who wanted to but couldn't. 
while I was about to finish my time it rained again and I waited for a hour for the rain to stop. Though I could use the time well in the quiet solitude outside the closed church, I couldn't help thinking about the disastrous effect the pandemic is having on all our lives; if the people couldn't come for worship, especially those of us who need that spiritual refuelling every week, what purpose all these precautions will serve, as our minds and thoughts are gradually degrading and lead us to disaster eventually. 

No comments:

Post a Comment