Reliving the Meenakshi Amma Experience of faith..

Sunday 3 November 2019


On the street of the small town near my village where I currently live, I have come across a 92 year old homeless Anglo-Indian man who had asked me whether I could buy for him a mouth organ. 

It took me quite a while to honour his request with a Hohner's Ocean Blue. 

The old man had told me he used to play the harmonica a lot and used to consider it as his wife and that he had started playing the instrument from the age of seven. 

The way he started playing the harmonica, the moment he laid his hands on it, more than justified his claim.

Jesus, you opened our eyes to see the world around us and to deal with the people we meet in our lives with love, just as the way You did. Thank you, My Lord, for providing me with enough and blessing me with the mind to go in search of and fulfilling that old man's wish. I pray, My Lord, may you send angels to those like him, especially to those who are old, homeless and friendless, in the hour of their needs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment