Reliving the Meenakshi Amma Experience of faith..

Thursday 30 August 2012

Triumph

How is it possible to quench my thirst if I do not pull up the water from the well? Yes we do have to take the effort to pull up the water and we cannot expect anyone else to do that for us.

I was loosing sleep over a reaction and an  attitude of a person, on whom I had spent considerable time and spiritual energy to restore peace to that person's anguished heart. Lately, somehow, I had a feeling maybe the person is taking me for a ride, giving me all the attention to keep the friendship going but no honest like for the spirituality I was talking about hour after hour. I should admit here, this was just hunch of a feeling without any basis.

But the fact is it took on my heart like a wild fire, making me think wild thoughts and go sleepless. When it became unbearable, I took the matter to our LORD, and He advised me through James 2 where the Apostle warns against being prejudiced in treating people. Though he mentions there about treating people differently based on their appearance, I took it for a direct warning for me not to discriminate a mind baselessly. Then I am breaking the commandment of "love your neighbor".

I thought about it for a while, then I understood, why should I have even a need to think bad about someone, especially when I am not certain about the facts, then I knew am putting more of my intellect, more of me into the matter than the love of GOD. I should approach the issue with a subdued heart which is tamed in prayer and filled in love than the rash, sensitive worldly mind.

James 2:13

For GOD will not show mercy when He judges the person who has not been merciful: but mercy triumphs over judgement.

That set my mind free. The next time we met up, we got on like a fire as ever before.

Thank you my LORD for making me pull up the water from your ever full well of Wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment