Reliving the Meenakshi Amma Experience of faith..

Friday 1 January 2010

New Year & Resolution

New year eve was flashy and noisy even at the suburbs of Kochi where I was at with few of my brothers sitting under the full moon, just talking. Way of life has changed everywhere, globalization has ensured, that certain things are practiced all over the world alike..:)

Talking about resolutions..A new calendar and new dairy, for sure to start the year.. loads to eat and drink on a new year eve for certain. But for someone who has found light in Jesus already what changes a new year day make..

So here is wishing you my friends, plenty of resolve and courage to walk the walk and smile the smile.. and the strength to get up each time u fall on The Way.

Appam was the specialty.. so was the roast beef with tender coconut. Both on x mas and new year eve.
Couldnt go to Mary at Vallarpadam on first day of the year, though.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Mary:)

    Greetings and good wishes for the New Year:)

    Lovely photos.

    I went for the midnight mass on 31st night and the new year was celebrated in the Church with ringing bells. fire crackers and distribution of LADDUS. I felt very happy.

    When the mass was going on I could hear revellers shouting and singing outside the Church. I suppose we all celbrate New year in different ways. Many new years I sat glued to the TV and watched the entertainment programs. We drank wine and ate a piece of cake to welcome the new year. This year my family sat in front of the TV and I went to the church for a change. I am glad I did it:)

    All the best to you and your family:)
    Joseph

    ReplyDelete