Reliving the Meenakshi Amma Experience of faith..

Friday 20 November 2009

Offerings


It was some time before mass on Wednesday evening, I was sitting on the bench near the main door of the church enjoying the silence and the solace when this grandma who was sitting in front of me turned back and asked me, "where can I meet the priest?".

Well it seemed she had an offering to make, thanks giving for sure, and she was visiting "Mother" with her two sons and their family. She gifted a gold chain and was happy when it was put on the likeness of Infant Jesus. She had her heart and eyes full.

I couldnt help thinking about the kind of frames of mind of those who gather there everyday to pray, some from the height of gratitude with offerings, some from the low of misery. Though I belonged to the latter some how I was happy at heart.

No gold, nor silver I have Mother,
Empty hands full with worries and anxieties,
But happy at heart, You taught me to understand,
And to use a blessing, when its granted.

Many a time, my cup was full and brimming,
But I was careless, spilled and ruined,
Only to understand later with regret,
It was your mercy, that I took for granted.

Now, among ruins am happy, more than ever,
You taught me in my fall, humility above all,
Keep the home and its bread, Here on my knees,
Lord, offering my heart with its flaws.

No comments:

Post a Comment