Reliving the Meenakshi Amma Experience of faith..

Wednesday 13 March 2019

Sunday at Vallarpdam


The walk around during last Sunday at Nellore, got me down with a swelling on my gums. I wasn't sure whether I could make it to Kochi, where I have to come for meeting some arrangements of life. :) A few days late, I could manage the trip in the hot weather with the help of antibiotics. 

Kochi too, was hot. When I reached the church the 11.30 am mass was on and the church was crowded... a lot of pilgrims from all around. I stood out during the service in the north yard where the sea breeze still blows. Many construction around the church has stopped the wind from blowing and unlike earlier, we cannot be comfortable everywhere around the church if we have to attend the service standing outside in the yard. 
It's been almost a month since I have come to Vallarpadam  so being here on this Sunday was very important for me. Inspite of the emotional and spiritual need I was very distracted after the mass. I did not get the satisfaction of being with the God in meditation. A few things were going on yesterday and the day before yesterday since I came home, the business of life, it had gone well too. Still, I got distracted from holding the whole heart to God for sometime. :(

The church, as always, looked clean and neat, this old stairs to the balcony was so pleasant I couldn't help taking a picture of it. 
As soon as the mass was over everybody left and the church became empty around noon. The heat was having its toll. At Vallarpadam, the church is never so empty. Few dozens of devotees will always be there. But that few do not make our big church in anyway full. 
After having a simple lunch from the Meenakshi Restaurant I came back to the Church and spent some more time. Fr. Abel CMI's, way of the cross was on sale at the church shop, I bought one and read through it. Since I havent gone to church on Ash Wednesday initiating the Lent, the feel of Lent surprised me on my first visit to my Parish Church on Saturday. 

Wish you all a good Week my dear friends, May we all think good and do good and be happy that we could so. May the distractions be not so severe to take our mind of our motto. 



No comments:

Post a Comment