Reliving the Meenakshi Amma Experience of faith..

Wednesday 6 March 2019

A hot Sunday

After the Sunday Mass I took a shared auto to the area around the main bus stand. The sun was getting warmer and warmer as it was in the last week. Walking around I found this small hotel who served the most splendid dosas of Nellore. 

Later walking around the crowded business part of old Nellore , I came across this small church named after St. Antony. 

The mass time was over, still the church was open and empty. I could sit there for a while in the cool comfort of the church praising and worshipping all alone. I felt very happy and thanked God for the opportunity. For those of us who have to seek divine help to survive the hurdles of the day such convenient prayer opportunities are God sent indeed. 

On my way out I met a boy who was coming from the presbytery who helped me with reading a board in local language and told me directions on how to go back to the bus stand. He had surprisingly good English. Now looking back I wonder why I did not take his picture. 

I have met some good people in this old town who have been extremely helpful to me. Thank you God 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment