Reliving the Meenakshi Amma Experience of faith..

Tuesday 8 October 2019

Psalms 137

Psalms 137:5-6

5. If I forget you Jerusalem
May my right hand forget its skill
6. May my tongue cling to the roof my mouth,
If I do not remember you, 
If I do not consider Jerusalem, 
my highest  Joy. 

As our Nation is celebrating the Shakti Festival for Nine days and Rama Navami, everybody is counting their blessings and thanking God for their blessings with their family and loved ones. 

Family, loved ones, the means to take care of them are perhaps the greatest gifts one can have. Unfortunately, we know, some do not have it. Either the means or the mind to have love and family. For whatever reasons one may not have it, may one know it in ones heart the way life should be. The way ones happiness and joy ought to be. In that ideal Jerusalem, one praise God and pray that everyone have that blessing in their life and be grateful. 

Our blessings may be few, we still remember you Jerusalem, may our right hand forget its skill if we forget you, may our tongue cling to the roof of our mouths if we do not consider you as the highest of our joys. 

A "Gentile" thought. 

No comments:

Post a Comment