Reliving the Meenakshi Amma Experience of faith..

Sunday 19 May 2019

At Vallarpadam, again!


Though I came back to Kochi a week ago I could make it to Vallarpadam only on the following Sunday. It was very good to be back at my favorite church and its environs. It was about afternoon and the church was not so  full with devotees coming and going. The 4pm Tamil mass was very spirited but I would have preferred a local mass since I haven't been to one in months. I should have come little more early.

My thoughts were jumbled when I left the college after the semester. There were a few things I had started towards the benefit of our students and all those were left in the midway with no way to continue the effort after I left the village. It was rather disappointing, so much of efforts has been put into all those, but then I was also expecting it too. When ones work is under a contract one cannot predict what happens once it ends.
A day and night journey from the East coast to West coast. 
The cyclone Fani was rattling Odissha when I left the East coast village. Luckily we were spared the destruction. Immediately after that Chennai and our area just three hours away from that big town became unbearably hot. Koimbedu, the big bus station at Chennai became my refuge as I waited for the connecting bus from Chennai to Kochi.

Thank you my Lord for the wonderful opportunity to move around, help me do it well and complete the associated requirements on time and well. Bless us with our working tools and the knowledge to use them well. May everyone my Lord have the means to earn their bread and the grace to do it well gratefully. 

No comments:

Post a Comment