Reliving the Meenakshi Amma Experience of faith..

Sunday 28 April 2019

Holy Week



The liturgy center on Easter morning. After the Easter mass at night, not many came for the morning mass. 

I observed my holy week at Nellore along with some of the acquaintances. The celebrations were not as big as Christmas though the church took every care to make it auspicious as the occasion demanded. 

We were nearing the end of the semester and the classes were going tight.  Coming to church on everyday during the holy week was too much of a wish but still I could come on Chrism mass day. My life in the village lead me to and through the holy week gracefully. Thanking God for it though I should admit that it was more the circumstances than my attempt. 

The unfortunate events in Sri Lanka and the news about it took our joy away and we mourned for those innocents who lost their lives.

We understand God, the world has not been easy place to live, ever, the threat from the fellow beings being the biggest. We pray God, those who sought violence as their means, may they realize their folly and return. Their brothers and fellow community those who realize that a mistake has been committed,  may they have the courage to stand with the truth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment