Reliving the Meenakshi Amma Experience of faith..

Saturday 19 January 2019

Amy Wilson Carmichael

Some choices are very hard to make. Last four days I have slumped back to a no action phase. It started after I had a remarkable start to the freelance work I do here back home in Kochi. As the assignments started ticking in I refused to accept four offers which for some reasons I felt wasn't the kind I should do. Then the offers stopped. Five days went by without any engagements and the next one is only on the sixth day. For a highly seasonal work I do, loosing a day means not only loss of revenue but also the opportunity to exercise our craft.

The disappointment did not stop me from pursuing my other interests which eventually took me to the legendary Amy Wilson Carmichael of Dhonavur in Tirunelveli. Oh! what a blessed memory.

I feel very lucky to have come to know about her life and work.

No comments:

Post a Comment