Reliving the Meenakshi Amma Experience of faith..

Monday 11 June 2018

Feast of Sacred Heart


It has been two weeks since I went to Vallarpadam. With the start of Monsoon, I couldn't make it to the church on last Sunday. It has been raining heavily since the beginning of the monsoon which literally started after the Vishu this year. The picture is the first sight I saw as I stepped into the church this Sunday morning. 

It was not crowded at all, calm and quiet, very pleasing to the mind. Even the Meenakshi restaurant was at ease. They had all the meal today. But I settled for some little snacks, though I wanted their full meal which is my practice on Sundays. 

For a moment, while praying I was blessed with a sweet connection which turned my being into joyful existence. That brief moment was enough and the inspiration stayed on for a long time and helped me with my thoughts, to be thankful and to do what I have to do in the coming days. Both the list, of things to be thankful and the things to do came out uninterrupted and effortlessly to my mind, I felt very grateful. 

One thing I need to keep thanking consistently is the blessing we all have with the English language. For those of us who has to depend on the language in earning bread, the mastery of this foreign language is so absolutely important. I am not sure whether I have kept on trying after a level, still the realisation itself was a blessing to work more on it. 

We pray Jesus, bless all of us who do not have any kind of security or connections at all in this life and has to rely solely on the skills and talents that You have blessed us with, to keep our blessings polished and updated and that we continue to earn a decent bread with it. 

Another best thing about the rainy day is the parking with out the vehicle getting scorched in the shelter less heat of the church parking. 



On my way out of the church I saw that happy family sitting on the parapet enjoying the brief break in the rain. 


Happy Day Jesus! Thank you for teaching us to be peaceful and joyful even in scarcity. 
Bless your Sacred Heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment