Reliving the Meenakshi Amma Experience of faith..

Sunday 9 September 2012

School Re-union

An school re-union after 27 years. Wow! what a feeling.

School days hold the most beautiful memories of my otherwise unhappy childhood. Though I was just an average student who was promptly corrected for the shortcomings often (those days it was a humiliation, indeed), it was at school I met my friends, the friends I made in my innocent years. The self-conscious and shy child as I was, I have not even talked to all my classmates then, but when I grew up, my school days became the most cherished memory of my life. When ever I passed through, that road where my school is,  at Thripunithura, something pulled at my heart, made my heart beat faster. 

Of all the 25 students, except for the three everybody came at re-union. I was one among the three. I did not go. Just held back for an emotional reason, for a friend whose emotional worries I am sharing these days, did not wanted to indulge in a joy alone. Was it a fair decision, the other friends were equally eager for the re-union? Smiles.

"We became friends in our innocence,
No matter how far and how long, 
Life take you all, I will remember,
Each of you, till the day I die!"
 

No comments:

Post a Comment