Reliving the Meenakshi Amma Experience of faith..

Monday 24 September 2018

Sunday at Nellore

23-09-2018
It has been two weeks since I went to Vallarpadam. A surprise opportunity for a guest lecturing at an institute in a village at Nellore, Andhra Pradesh has taken me away from my home town.

I went to the St. Joseph's church at Nellore for the Sunday mass. Though the mass was in Telegu  and I did not understand most of it did not lessen the importance of it. There was one of my students who came with me to the church. Though he was like me from Kerala and had the Same language problem, he never missed a Sunday mass. I had noted very proudly he was very attentive too.

Nellore town at the moment is celebrating the state festival of Rotella Ponduga at The Bara Shahid Durga. An event which signifies the religious and political harmony of the town. Both Muslims and Hindus exchange Rotis at the Durga, a ritual of thanks giving for a wish granted and a wish prayed for.

It was so nice being back at the St. Josephs, but I couldn't meet any of the sisters I knew at the Sister Disciples of the Divine Master.

Though, I couldn't be at Vallarpadam the spiritual happiness of being in the Gods  presence was the Same and the blessed memories of Lady of Ransom kept me smiling while riding a share auto rickshaw back to the village where I stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment