Reliving the Meenakshi Amma Experience of faith..

Sunday 15 December 2013

Christmas Month

Its about ten in the night. The hotel kitchen adjacent to my bachelor Pad is in its final flurry of the Sunday feast. I can hear the fries and the excited voice of the staffs.

At St. Josephs cathedral in the morning, the sisters of the convent had put up a stall selling Christmas decorations. They also had some competitions for the Sunday school children. The little ones participated with much eagerness and excitement. The Nursing students were very few this week. The sister at the convent told me, some of the collegs do not allow the students to attend the mass at all. She requested if I can take up the matter with the Educational consultants who bring them here from Kerala to request the colleges to let them attend the mass atleast once a month.

Nellore is getting colder and the nights are getting longer. Sun light goes out by 5.30pm.

The training at the university is going good. The best thing that happened to me was the opportunity to volunteer at a local college to help some MCA students with their spoken English. The students are mostly Telegu speaking and I am very excited with the opportunity.

Ofcourse, miss going to Lady of Ransom. We might get some holidays for Christmas.

Blogspot is difficult in Internet explorer. It is hanging up on me many times. One of the reasons why I have very few posts here lately.


No comments:

Post a Comment