Reliving the Meenakshi Amma Experience of faith..

Saturday 3 December 2011

Creativity




I always wanted to write inspiring stories and poems that leaves a positive message. So much for my creativity, this blog is all I have and here there is nothing much noteworthy. Or else, how will I explain the next to nothing readers..:):):) (Is that what I am looking for ????:( )

I was at Mary Magdalene's, close to my home, where I usually go once in a while, just to enjoy the "celebration of silence" in the empty church on evenings. Last time when I went there, I sat there in the silence of the lonely church, meditating over the relationship between Mother Mary and Magdalene, wondering at the magnanimity of Mariamma's heart to accept Magdalene as one of their own, not judging her by her past. I was certain, Mother would not have even thought of her as a "challenge" or "poison" considering the way Magdalene had turned around after she found her true love.

As I sat there, smiling at my own follies in avenging insults and murdering hearts even after the persons who have hurt me had reconciled, I saw the Capiar coming out with a broom and cleaning the altar of the church.

There was something about the way he was cleaning, a kind of earnest sincerity which was hard to miss. I found it very touching. Later before leaving I went to him and thanked him for the way he was serving the church and told him he is indeed an inspiration.

He looked at me for a while and then went inside and brought me a book. It was the published copy of his collection of poems which the "love" in his heart had prompted.

"How can I not serve the lord with all my heart, when He fills me with rhyme after rhyme."

I was overawed by his simple, but strong faith.

Presenting to you my friends, Chinnikara Joy of Moothedam St. Magdalene's church, Maradu.

No comments:

Post a Comment